Jerry Ruiz | Director
- Fade, by Tanya Saracho, Primary Stages.
- Mala Hierba, by Tanya Saracho. Second Stage Theatre.
- Basilica, by Mando Alvarado. Rattlestick Playwright’s Theater
- Philip Goes Forth, by George Kelly. Mint Theater Company.
- Enfrascada, by Tanya Saracho. Clubbed Thumb
- Love Goes to Press, by Martha Gellhorn & Jane Kowles. Mint Theater Company
- King of Infinite Space (Hamlet adaptation). SummerStage/HERE Arts Center
- Mariela in the Desert, by Karen Zacarias. Repertorio Español
- How I Learned to Drive , by Paula Vogel. Queens College
- A Map of Broken Glass, by Anna Ziegler . F*it Club
- Rattlers , by Johnna Adams. Flux Ensemble Theater
- The King is Dead, byCaroline McGraw. Highwire Theater
- Sangre, by Mando Alvarado. SummerStage
- Twelfth Night, by Shakespeare. Old Globe Theater.
- Fade, by Tanya Saracho. Denver Center for the Performing Arts; Hartford TheaterWorks.
- Twelfth Night, by Shakespeare. PlayMakers Repertory Company.
- Speech & Debate, by Stephen Karam. Oregon Shakespeare Festival*.
- Twelfth Night, by Shakespeare. Chalk Rep.
- In the Heights, by Lin-Manual Miranda & Quiara Hudes. UT-Austin.
- Waiting for the Hearse, by Jacobo Langsner. Mixed Blood Theater.
- 26 Miles, by Quiara Hudes. Arizona State University.
- The Near East, byAlex Lewin. UC-San Diego.
- Election Day, by Josh Tobiessen. UC-San Diego.
- Citizens of Rome, by Barry Levey. UC-San Diego.
Assistant Director (selected credits)
- La Boheme. Broadway, Baz Luhrmann, dir.
- Measure for Measure. Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Bill Rauch, dir.
- Taking Over. The Public Theater, Tony Taccone, dir.
- Peter & Jerry. Second Stage, Pam Mackinnon, dir.
- Becky Shaw. Second Stage, Peter Dubois, dir.
- Mother Courage. La Jolla Playhouse, Lisa Peterson, dir.
- Winter’s Tale. The Old Globe, Darko Tresnjak, dir.
Staff Positions, Residencies & Fellowships
- Associate Artistic Director, PlayMakers Repertory Company, 2016-2017.
- Executive Director, Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center, 2015-16
- Recipient of NEA/TCG Career Development Program for Directors Grant, 2009-2011.
- Curator of Crossing Borders Festival at Two River Theater Company, 2011-2013.
- Associate Director, Barefoot Theater Company, 2013.
- Second Stage Van Lier Directing Fellow, 2007-2009.
- Phil Killian Fellow, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, 2011.
- Soho Rep Writer/Director Lab, 2008-2009.
- Workshops and Readings at The Public, Playwright’s Horizons, The Atlantic Soho Rep, Second Stage.
- MFA, Directing, UC-San Diego.
- BA, English Literature and Language, Harvard University.